Sunday, October 27, 2019

Sunday (October 27):"God, be merciful to me a sinner!"

Gospel Reading: Luke 18:9-14

He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous and despised others: “Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, `God, I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even  like this tax collector. I fast twice a week, I give tithes of all that I get.' But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, `God, be merciful to me a sinner!' I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for every one who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who  humbles himself will be exalted."

Reflection:

YAn gusto ni God, matud pa ni prophet Hosea, an waya’y paglubad na gugma, dili kon sakripisyo, amo na waya’y kabulohan an atô pangaliya sanan sakripisyo kon dili ini kon gikan gajud sa atô layum na gugma kan Lord.

Amo na kinahanglan moatubang kita kan God sa ato pangaliya na may mapahi’ubsanon sanan mahinulsulon na kasing-kasing na nangajô nan kalooy sanan pasaylo.

"Lord Jesus, may your love and truth transform my life - my inner thoughts, intentions, and attitudes, and my outward behavior, speech, and actions. Where I lack charity, kindness, and forbearance, help me to embrace your merciful love and to seek the good of my neighbor, even those who cause me ill-favor or offense. May I always love as you have loved and forgive others as you have forgiven."

No comments: